View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #167
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
I'll go ahead and disagree with you there. Players don't win championships, teams do. Place a mediocre player on a good team and he can win a ton of championships (i.e. Robert Horry). Or you can place a good player on a team with mediocre players and he won't win anything (i.e. LeBron James).

The day when LeBron has anywhere near as good the supporting cast as Kobe, then I will starting comparing rings. Until then, the ring comparison is ridiculous...

p.s. The team that LeBron took to the NBA finals in 07' didn't have anybody. Its talent level w/o LeBron was about the equivalent of this year's Nets...

That would be true. Spurs just focused on LeBron and dared the others to score knowing they couldn't carry the team anywhere. Can't remember if Boobie even played-might have been hurt. But that team sucked. Probably the easiest trophy the Spurs ever got.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote