View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #1004
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
1).Nelson (I think he just got burnt out)

2).Carlisle (Only based on the fact he won a Title)

3).Motta (This guy was very underrated in his 1st stint in Dallas. If only him and Aguirre could have gotten along)

4).Avery (I know he gets blamed for the debacle vs the Warriors changing up the lineup but I also think if the crooked refs hadn't stepped in doing the 2006 finals Avery would have won the Mavs 1st championship. He was a victim of Cuban not being liked by the officials back then)

5).MacLeod (He was really laid back and I felt like he got the most out of those teams back in the late 80's they just couldn't get past the Lakers for that 2 year run they had and D.Harper had that boneheaded turnover that really cost the Mavs in one of those Lakers matchups)
Obviously most people would swap Carlisle and Nelson, and Maybe swap 4 and 5 but this is a good list. Nelson is my personal favorite. I also feel like Casey and Stotts deserve some honorable mentions.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote