View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 01:42 PM   #59
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Vince Carter rumor

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Quote:
I can't really disagree with this, except that it leaves you in a position where now you're trying to turn Finley and Stackhouse into a big guy instead of Walker and Stackhouse.

Again, if you could supplement a deal like this with a trade of Stackhouse and Najera for K. Thomas and Mutombo, I'd be down with it.

If you could likewise turn Laettner into Payton, I'd REALLY be down with it.

A rotation of Mutombo/Bradley/K. Thomas/Laettner at center, Dirk/K. Thomas at PF, Carter/Finley/Daniels at the swing positions, and Payton/Harris at PG, well, that'd be pretty damn good.

You have a lot more weapons than just Stackhouse and Finley to go after a big man. We still have a ton of talent on our bench and a some cap friendly contracts to throw at people. Plus, I don't see why you would need to move BOTH Finley and Stackhouse. You need two swingmen on the floor at all times, don't you? Whether it's Carter and Finley or Carter and Stackhouse, it doesn't matter. Both are devistatingly good combinations. I think Daniels plays point here. He wants to play the position. The Mavs need him to play there. A backcourt of Daniels, Finley and Carter will be a nightmare for our opponents.

If we can move Stackhouse for Kurt Thomas, we'd have a servicable defense-oriented big man to play along side Dirk. A rotation of Bradley and Thomas would do wonders for our defense and rebounding. If we can somehow manage to steal Ilgauskas away from Cleveland, then we'd have a starting lineup with all-stars at almost every position (again, f*ck you Nash). It's a real possibilty, and we shouldn't dismiss it because we are in love with our backup small forward.
It sounds like we agree. Get me even Kurt Thomas in the package, and I'm ready to go.