View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #105
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
The premise is that your body is forced to utilize stored fats for energy. This is called ketosis. It's why low-carb dieters will buy keto sticks to test their urine to see how much ketones they are spilling.

I have no clue what the long term effects are of such a diet. I would imagine that there have been studies done on that (where is one of Doc's students when you need one).
Yes on the first two sentences, no on the next one, (at least not me).

Regarding long term effects, I bet I eat a more balanced diet than most of you do. I eat a TON of vegetables with my meats and I eat bread sometimes, (I forgot to put sandwich down but Mrs. Bairds makes a 5.5 carb per slice bread that was good enough to make my wife start using it). So I get dairy - cheese, bread - sandwich, meat - all sorts, veggies - all sorts, and I take a vitamin that fills in for the fruits and where I lose other things from the diet.

Betcha I eat better than quite a few of you yet my diet is considered severly unhealthy.

Blah...

Bottom line Chum... If you don't believe in it - try it. The weight flies off. The biggest problem with the diet is that after you get to where you want to be you start allowing yourself to have things you have missed and it just spirals down hill for me from there. I eat way too many things that are way too bad for me and soon, (3 months or so), I am nearing the weight I started from.

With that said, that is MY crutch to lose, and is not an issue with the diet. I just have to be stronger. The way the diet is intended is to slowly allow more and more carbs per day until you max out at, (and I really don't know - I would have to go watch the video again to see for sure), at around 80 carbs per day or so. With 80 carbs you can have a friggin baked potato and chips for a snack and still be ok. So I mean if you did it the way the program was designed you would keep the weight off because it would be a life change. On the link I sent just read her about you and you will see what I mean.

My biggest problem is that I never add carbs to my diet therefore I never get the foods I want until I am off. My mind is ON/OFF, not ON/ON+5 CARBS/ON+20 CARBS/etc... I am going to try the latter this time after hitting my weight goal.

The overall design is to find the carb level that you can eat at and maintain your weight. Once you find that you stay there and you can pretty much have everything you want while being smart and having portion control and never gain weight.

Bottom line, the damn diet works. It helped me lose over 50 lbs. and will help me lose 30 or so over the past month and next month.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 01-10-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote