View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #109
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Update: I rolled the heck out of my left ankle playing basketball this morning, so I'm pretty darned discouraged because I probably won't be able to seriously work out for the next 4-5 days. That's the damned thing about playing ball with me. Whenever I play pick-up games on a near daily basis, I do tend to trim down and get pretty darned quick, but whenever I really get quick and start jumping higher around the rim my ankles always end up having dreadful problems... Maybe it's finally time to start wearing the old man, heavy duty ankle braces that I've always known I would probably be doomed to wear... Regardless of that though, it now looks like I probably won't be getting down to the 225 lb range that I was hoping for this week (I weighed 228 on the scales yesterday)...

Evil, it seems that I ONLY get hurt playing pickup. When I'm playing in competetive leagues against players my own level, i don't get hurt.

it's when i'm playing pickup, and jump for a rebound, and the random pickup guys i'm playing with are just standing under the goal looking up - that's when i always seem to land on someone else's foot and roll my ankle pretty.

And i've been wearing ankle braces since i got out of college (had my ankles taped by the trainer when i was in college). I don't wear the super duty air-cast type. But the ones i wear are light (and fit into the shoe), yet still offer really good support. i'd hate to think where i would be if i wasn't wearing them when i landed on someone's foot... I actually got mine at a medical supply store. They're the ASO ankle braces - i'm pretty sure you can get them online.

yep, a quick google search showed me they're sold many places online.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-10-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote