View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So with USC sitting at #5 in the BCS, they are going to need some serious help to make it into the National Championship game...

They have to hope that every team in the Big 12 and the SEC has at least 2 (maybe 3 losses in a couple of cases). A 2 loss UT team might look better than USC if Ohio State goes on to lose a couple more games. Ohio State hasn't looked that great this year.. yeah, I know they had a nice win over Michigan state..but that's it. Michigan State is an overrated team that hasn't beaten anyone. By the end of the season, that win won't mean anything to Ohio State.. So, another loss or two and Ohio State will take a big drop which would mean that USC has exactly zero wins the upper echelon. And, USC has to worry about Penn State losing.

I suppose one thing that will be worth watching is whether or not an undefeated Penn State team would make it in over 1 loss Big 12 or SEC school... Right now, it looks like the answer is yeah, but if your signature win is over a 2 or 3 loss Ohio State team, they might be passable by a 1 loss team. If Texas were to beat OU, Tech, Missouri, OSU, with a loss to Kansas but then beat Missouri again in the big 12 championship, it would make things interesting in comparing them to Penn State...

Anyways, it'll be interesting. I'm sure the BCS will screw it up.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote