View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:07 AM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
ouch....is this just the Spurs feeling their way through the early season...Manu's injury....or a sign of things to come??
I don't think they're coasting but they certainly haven't brought that sense of urgency yet. While Fin has filled in nicely in Manu's absence they absolutely miss him. Whether he returns as a starter or off the bench. He was interviewed during the Pistons game and said he hoped to be back next game (tomorrow against the Pacers). We'll see if he does and whether he can stay healthy once he does return.

Manu's been injured more than not and they also had stretches where Fin and Barry were out. They really haven't had a good stretch where everyone was healthy. And they usually start slow and end with a bang. I see no reason yet that they won't do the same this year.

While other teams might not fear them I don't think it's time to write them off.