View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:12 Explosions in Iraq Kill at Least 152

Hmmm I wonder if all the familes of the men who died in the revolutinary war were happy after we gained our independence from England? I wonder if all the American civlians who died in that war and their familes were happy that they were no longer under King Georges rule? I wonder if all the familes of those who died in the Civil War were happy that black people were no longer slaves? I wonder if all the families who lost members in World War II were happy that Tojo, Hitler, and Mussulini were no longer in power? I wonder if all the pople who have lost family to keep North Korea from annexing South Korea are happy?

And just how many attacks has Al Queda successfully perpetuated in the US since 9/11/2001? And is that likely because they don't want to?

Reeds you may hate the war on Terrorism and disagree with it's execution, the opponents we have chosen, and any number of matters. But it's shameful to try and exploit the deaths of these innocents at the hands of cowardly terrorists to make you political point. Freedom always has and always will need to be purchased with the sacrifice of lives. Is it worth it? Well that's for each individual to decide, but I think so. Maybe you don't. That's fine if so, you're entitle to your opinion. Or maybe you just disagree with our actions in Iraq. That's fine too. But this ghoulish political capitalization by the left, and you in particular, of human suffering and death is sickening to me.