View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #106
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Da Bears pop the puny ponies.....(Formerly Doc vs. Dooby thread)

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Right in the middle of a neighborhood that will have to be razed for a library? Bush has come out agains thte SCOUS decision of using eminent domain to do such things. How in the world could that happen? Naw...Bush likes his Western White House. I'm putting ten on Waco, I-35 and the Brazos River.

Gosh dooby...attacking the library site to conceal your fear of the Bears football team? I'm almost Savovic shocked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Silly Doc. SMU does things the way you'd expect them, too. With careful planning and a lot of cash. Eminent domain will not be necessary. SMU has been buying up land around the campus for years. The largest landlord in Highland Park is ... SMU. SMU has not one, not two, but three sights available for the Bush Library. One is the Condos/Apartments directly to the east of the campus between SMU and Central Expressway; a parcel slightly larger than Ford Stadium and the most likely site. Another is the Mrs. Baird's Bakery that was closed three years ago and is directly south of the campus. A third is the land directly across central expressway on SMU Boulevard.

My favorite quote from Bush on the subject was something to the effect of "After we leave the White House, Laura and I will have two homes. The ranch in Crawford and one near the Library...Uh, of course, if Baylor is chosen for the Library, we'll already have a house close by. Not that anything has been decided." Such a perfect Bush statement.

Doc, how many people on the Baylor Board of Trustees are married to the President? We only have the one. And his former press secretary. And three government appointees including a Secretary and an Ambassador. And his chief fundraiser. And his White House Counsel. And his minister. Oh, and he is a member of Highland Park United Methodist Church, located on the SMU campus.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote