View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #9
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default RE:the random question thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
my own question: are you truely free?
This may not be specifically what you're asking, Sikey mah boy, but I've thought about the problems of the concepts of free will a lot; for example:

Let's say I'm a person who adamantly believes that everyone on the earth should be allowed to have their own free will, 100%, all of the time. Then let's say I meet an individual (we'll call him Dave) whose single purpose in life is to try and rob others of thier free will (however that may be). Should I then be a person who tries to stop Dave, since he threatens to interfere with my ideal that everyone should have their own free will, or should I let Dave do his thing, since that would be allowing him to exercise his own free will??