View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 02:15 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:the random question thread

Knowing the perspectives Sike comes from, leads me to think he had something else in mind when he asked the question about being "free".

He studied theology, so he might have meant: "If the Son has set you free, you are free indeed." So, he sets us free from something in particular - the wieght of sin and spiritual death. However, Jesus also says "Take my yoke upon you, for My yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Even an easy "yoke" still implies (to some) that some freedom has been abdicated. We're "free" to make the choice to give up our carnal freedom, but we are in essence not entirely "free" as long as our spiritual nature exists along with our carnal nature. I guess being free in this case would mean we were dead in the physical sense.

He's also widely thought to be an alien, so perhaps me means physiologically free (dwelling on earth) - gravity dictates that everything, on our planet, must acquire an acceleration greater than that of gravity in order to rise above the earth on its own*, so we are not free to float around at will (w/o assistance). So, as long as we are on earth we are not physiologically "free". Perhaps our spirits can be free, once they leave our bodies... Again, death is the only way to acquire this kind of freedom.

So, the question bears asking: Do we want really want to be truly, 100%, free in this life?

This reminds me of philosophy class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]