View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #27
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I don't disagree with anything you said. However, we somehow got away from what we started out talking about, which was whether there is hypocrisy in gun control advocacy. You were talking about individual responsibility, and you brought up illegal drugs. My point was that once we decide as a society to make drugs illegal, there is no "individual responsibility" you can take on to help rid society of drugs. (Or at least, none that is at all significant.) That responsibility has shifted from the individual to the collective. That is a far, far different thing than shirking responsibility altogether.
I can't destroy my own stash, and then make sure my family (at least the ones I am responsible for) destroy their own stashes.

Just arguing now to argue.

I see your point, but still see the hypocrisy in the desire to control so you can feel safe, even if you are really entertaining less safety and less freedom.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 04-06-2010 at 04:13 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote