View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #31
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
I think funnier than those. Less funny than the SNL Sarah Palin skits. Maybe as funny as the "my kid can beat up your honor student" bumper stickers, or about as funny as the "Teabonics" pictures that are out there.

Well, you are wrong. Political humor has been around a long, long time because much of it is simply funny. Some things are funny and political. And if you can remove your own bias, then you can have a good laugh (or at least a fair chuckle) at much of it.
I am not disagreeing that political humor can be hilarious. It can be. What I am saying is that political "humor" is an abused beast, and people often lob out items as "jokes" that wouldn't even make the high "Laffy-Taffy" standards. Furthermore, people at the edges (on all sides) of the political spectrum LIVE in this non-funny zone.

For instance: Lots of people make funny Bush or Obama jokes. "Jokes" from rabid foaming wild-eyed fanatical truthers on either side... not usually so funny. Similar not-funny "joking" behavior comes from bullies and a-holes of all stripes. If 5 steroid-laden guys are "making jokes" as they beat the shit out of the effeminate kid in the locker room... is it all "fun and games"?

I am going off on a tangent here, but my point is that political humor can be hilarious, but often instead of a "joke" it is just a bald political statement with a "ha ha" tagged on the end. That is fine, but if it ain't funny it an't funny. My more SPECIFIC point was that Dude's "jokes" ALWAYS fall into this category.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote