View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #2577
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Here were my previous comments on Parks and Rec (from 9/21):

Quote:
Parks and rec improved leaps and bounds (like 10000%) in its second season, such that i would watch shows in that order (community, parks and rec, 30 rock, the office).

I gave it a shot its first season, mainly because it was only 6 episodes. Even though i probably hated amy poehler more than you. Believe me, i HATED her after watching SNL for over the years. with a passion. And the show was just ok.

Then i let the second season build up on tivo, wasn't planning to really watch them. Then a friend of mine told me how much it had improved, so i finally decided to watch a few one night. I ended up plowing through the 8 episodes i had on my TiVo. It was SO much better.

They changed poehler's character (less hyper, less plain stupid and a switch to just naive), but what really elevates the show is the supporting cast (specifically Nick Offerman, Aubrey Plaza, and Chris Pratt). Aziz Ansari was toned down a bit, too, and his character is so much better for it.

may be hard to just pick it up again in its 3rd season, but it's going to be delayed because of poehler's pregnancy. Worth checking out the second season on dvd.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-27-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote