View Single Post
Old 03-13-2001, 07:02 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Could this be his way of attracting upcoming free agents?

Report cites 'source very close to Jordan'

Associated Press

NEW YORK – Could Michael Jordan's next big acquisition for the Washington Wizards be ... Michael Jordan?

Citing a source identified only as being "very close to Jordan," Sports Illustrated columnist Rick Reilly reported in this week's edition the former NBA great is "90 percent committed" to making a comeback next season with the Wizards.

A Jordan comeback has been fueled by reports he is working out – with some saying he was spending up to six hours a day in a gym to get back into playing shape.

Jordan told The Washington Post on March 8 that a comeback "has not crossed my mind, but I will never say never."

"The first time I said never, I ended up coming back, but I can say that there's a 99.9 percent chance that I am not coming back," he said.

He told the Post that the main reason he has no intention of playing is that he would have to sell his interest in the Wizards, which he does not want to do. He owns between 5 percent and 10 percent of the team, with the option of owning up to 20 percent.

He acknowledged to the Post that he has been working out, but only because he is up to 240 pounds and wants to "get back to a respectable weight to help me get back into my suits."

Jordan, who last played in 1998, did not return a telephone call Tuesday from The Associated Press.

Source: Report cites 'source very close to Jordan'
djb is offline   Reply With Quote