View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #7
FullBurst41

FullBurst41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:So we bombed an innocent wedding? Sounds like more hogwash to me...

Here's something else. I'm not going to say which was the truth, but I do believe that there is something seriously smelly about this story..

The US military officials say that they were fired upon by militants and called in the flyboys, right? Now, how many did these bombs kill again? Forty-something? That's one hell of a tally for the army! Whoop-dee-whoop, forty militants down the drain, that's bound to fire you up. Only the question is, are the militants truly THAT stupid? I mean, they're obviously not very intelligent, but one might presume they know a thing or two about military tactics. One thing that has always had me perplexed in martyrdom, is that they're all so ready to die, but you'll have to catch them first before they're willing to point that gun at you and let you shoot them.

Of course, perhaps what people say here is true Perhaps the militants more or less orchestrated this whole thing. I cant say, I don't know the facts, all I can say is this: if this story is rue (as in, the wedding being bombed), I can't help but shake the feeling that if the soldiersin the field are not too familiar with the traditions in the country they're serving in, then whatmakes so many people on this forum qualified to downgrade the Iraqi people? The soldiers are the ones confronted with them every day, after all, they're the ones fighting and dying every day, trying to clean up this mess.