View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Dallas needs to resign Hamlin, Barber, Canty, Loudeur and maybe Flo.
Let JJones, Reeves, Thompson and Nate Jones go.

Dallas needs to draft a speed back, (just a guess but Felix Jones from Ark) in the late first.

Dallas needs another WR, preferably one with speed to replace Glenn who might be undergoing microfracture. Roy Williams (Detroit) is said to be on the market for a #2 and might be a good pickup to put opposite TO -- he has stated his desire to move back to Texas.

Dallas needs another bigger NG - Fergy is coming back, but Ratliff and Tank are really a little light. Shawn Rogers who is way out of shape but can be dominating is supposedly available from Detroit. Not sure if Dallas is interested or not in him.

Dallas could use one or two more corners. Reeves was toast as the #3 guy and probably wants more than min. I am guessing they use a high pick on corner. No team ever seems to have enough cover corners in todays NFL. There are a couple FA out there in Trufaunt, and A Samuel, but I doubt Dallas pays the big bucks since they need to resign TNew this year.

Dallas has approx 15M to work with right now, but lot of big pay-outs if they keep Hamlin, Flo, and Barber.

The Cowboys have a lot of money put into the nose guard position. I don't see them adding Rogers huge contract and he's lazy as hell. I think we have to remember that his team does want to stay under the salary cap and to my knowledge the Cowboys are in good shape as far as the salary cap goes but bringing in both Roy Williams and Shawn Rogers would do some damage to that.

I see this team definately bringing back Marion Barber and Canty. Nate Jones and Jacque Reeves will be back but the Boys won't overpay to keep them and rightfully so. The corner spot is the hardest spot to fill with solid players. I'd hope if they let Jacque Reeves walk they have someone better in mid via free agency or the draft. Flozell is in the same sitiuation. Will be brought back for hte right price but not overpriced. Not sure if he'll be back since this team did let Larry Allen walk.Julius will definately be gone. I think the Cowboys wouldn't mind keeping him for cheap to back up Barber but Jones wants to start in this league. I wish him the best.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote