View Single Post
Old 09-04-2001, 02:46 PM   #22
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Actually I didn't even read what you and Crippler wrote. Before both of you try to diminish my knowledge of the game, I was thinking of someone COMPLETELY different than Dale Murphy actually. I was thinking of Dave Kingman actually however when I wrote it, I was thinking of one of his teammates that played on the mets team when he was there, I didn't mean to say Dale Murphy.

NO ONE has to tell me about how good Dale Murphy was because when I was younger and we first got cable it was the basic, basic cable. We didn't have a lot of sports channels and there was this one station that ALWAYS had Braves games on. I watched Dale Murphy play MANY games on the Braves. I tried to pattern my game afte the man in high school, so that was a complete slip up on my part. I couldn't remember the guy who played on the Mets who all he did was hit HR's and played there briefly with Dave Kingman. However he was a decent fielder and could steal bases, but he'll be remembered as a HR hitter. I couldn't remember his name the day I made that post, but I SURELY didn't mean to compare Conseco with Dale Murphy.