View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #94
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Agree that it took away a lot of enjoyment to see superteams. I don't watch the NBA to watch the allstar game. I watch to see well-coached players work together.

Still, I see why bad teams tank and take picks from teams trying to get picks-- often there is a minimum salary obligation involved and they can scrape picks and young talent for absorbing a player for a year. Both super-teams and tanking teams are bad for the NBA, but it's understandable for the individual teams involved. Before the era of the superteam, there were about 20 stars, sprinkled throughout 29-30 teams so almost every team had at least one guy to watch. Now the good teams have all the talent and there are 10+ teams without any sort of player worth watching unless you like watching college guys develop.
The "super teams" of today are nowhere near as loaded as the super teams of the 80s and 90s.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote