View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #104
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Agree about CP/Lance + Tyson being a GREAT off season.

But Deng/Ariza just don't do much for me and I don't see them getting us near the top 4/5 in the West this year.

I'm not sure that Lance/CP do either, but they are YOUNG! And this team needs "young".

I'd like to see this off season be for more than the desperate idea of maximizing Dirk's window. Unless the plan is to stink once Dirk retires. (Which isn't a terrible plan.)
I think you're underrating how close we were to 4/5 last year. A healthy Tyson, a good year from any of the top SF's on the market and a few other roster tweaks (good backup C, good backup PF) and I think we're a fringe contender.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote