View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
At hockey games, I cringe everytime the fans in the AAC yell "STARS!!" during the national anthem. That feels wrong to me, but I trust that everyone who does it has their heart in the right place. Maybe they don't mean it the way I interpret it? It's not my place to judge their patriotism based on this "treatment" of the anthem.
I have very mixed feelings about that.

I never yell it, but I enjoy that other people do. It's one of (if not the ONLY) thing that is uniquely "Dallas Stars" about going to a Stars game.

And for some reason when the All-Star game came around and I was feeling very encroached upon by all those other teams jerseys, I DID yell it, and loudly too. I think everyone else did as well. We wanted everyone to know whos house it was.

I certainly don't think people mean any disrespect towards the anthem. Most of those people are singing or humming along as they do it. But like I said...I don't generally do it bc I feel more like you do, but I kind of enjoy that people do for some reason.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-07-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote