View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #39
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Booth was a restricted free agent correct? What I'm saying is Dallas had the rights of Booth and CUBAN even said he could have gone above the exception however the Mavs would have had to pay the luxury tax or pay something to Seattle, I don't remember exactly what it is BUT Cuban wasn't willing to pay that. NOW, I wasn't upset by the decision PERSONALLY I thought that was the right decision. However Cuban wanted to USE the exception for Booth but Booth wanted more than the exception which meant he would have had to go OVER the cap last year and as I stated earlier BOOTH is not the type of player you do that with. So I agree that he shouldn't have done that and Seattle had the ability to give him more than the exception because they were so far under the cap.

Now we're in the same boat with Najera and Wang. If a team offers them a salary for instance like the Bulls who are under the cap and offers Najera and Wang MORE than what Cuban is willing to spend, we'll lose them too.
>>

Cuban couldn't offer more than the mid-level exception since the Mavs were over the cap. Since the Sonics offered more than the Mavs could match, we lost Booth despite the Mavs wanting to keep him.

But it turns out that we were lucky to lose him.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote