View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #2088
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this has been posted...but...
http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/6/...2011#storyjump

Dang dirk...you inspire me...brotha...

Quote:
Quick anecdote:
Ben (Rogers) and I went out to the LA to cover the All-Star game and we set up an interview with Dirk. And we asked Dirk, ‘hey, what is there to go do in LA?" And he didn't know. And we were taken aback to hear the guy who had been in the league for, what, 13 seasons, and he doesn't know what to do in LA? And the reason he doesn't know is because he goes and shoots baskets. That's what the guy does. That's what the guy does for fun. He plays basketball, he works on his game. And so at the big championship party, he said "Well, Holger said that if we took care of business in game six he would let me have a night off." And it was a joke, but it's not that far from the truth.

And in the comments...

Quote:

Here is another quick anecdote

I had to be at the AAC to inspect something at the facility. The only time I could have access was at 6:30am as they were breaking down from hockey the night before and then setting up the court.
I arrive at 6:15. Guess who came walking in with a gym bag at the same time? Yeah, you know.
"I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented."

by Hoosier Dave on Jun 17, 2011 7:00 PM CDT reply
you've got to be shitting me

that’s just unreal

by rdub on Jun 17, 2011 8:26 PM CDT up reply

no shit

by Hoosier Dave on Jun 17, 2011 8:43 PM CDT up reply

I wanted to walk up to him and, well, I don't know what

I had no words. I just stared.

by Hoosier Dave on Jun 17, 2011 8:44 PM CDT up reply

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote