View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #154
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

I agree with Alex as well.

I'll continue to point out what the legal plot here is:
1)prove a few cases of statutory rape as legal evidence of abuse
2)prove conspiracy to conceal the abuse (statutory rape) by showing the fraudulent State ID's , birth certificates, and "bishop's records"
3)jail all the leadership under the conspiracy charge

so long as the conspiracy charge is in place, all 460 children (a rough figure) will be held by the State due to the prescence of the charge: conspiracy to abuse.

At some point (and these cases take years), the individual Jessop families that committed no crime will be released to try and resume a normal life. They should get their children back.

The FLDS exist based on a legal trick:
They don't legally get married to more than one person to avoid the polygamy charge

The FLDS are in trouble legally because:
1)They have involved teenaged girls/women young enough to fit the statutory rape charge and involved them outside of a legal marriage (due to the over riding legal trick listed above). Since girls young enough to be regarded as minors are involved outside of a legal marriage, then the charge of statutory rape is accurate.
2)They may have produced fraudulent records to hide the action

Now, I'll also repeat that there are 16 year old girls all over the State of Texas having sex today with men old enough to be guilty of statutory rape. And, I'll repeat that the only reason the CPS/State of Texas went after this group like this is because:
1)they hate the group
2)they see a legal method to try to crush it

After all of that, I agree with Alex that the actions of the CPS are terrible in this case.

Hopefully, the courts straighten this out eventually and let the vast majority who committed no legal crime go.

The issue of practicing polygamy in this fashion is a moral, not legal issue.

If the FLDS continued to follow the advice of their previous leaders, they would have stayed with involving women who were at least 18. Legally, a man can have 50 girlfriends who are sexual partners so long as he is not married legally to more than one. I think that is disgusting but it is true. I don't support the act of having multiple sexual partners. But, the FLDS moved across the line by breaking a law.

CPS moved across the line by seizing all the children rather than just the ones involved. The legal support for seizing all the children is conspiracy to commit and hide abuse.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote