Thread: Plan C?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #106
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I agree Dirk's run was impressive but let's not forget Dirk did had help. I know he was probably the only player of All Star caliber on the roster(Maybe Chandler?) but he got great contributions from his teammates. Jason Terry was just as dominate in 4th quarters as some of these other stars last year in the post season.
He did have help, but its was never consistent help from the same guy, was usually the roving variety. You'd have Peja for a few games, Marion, Stevenson, etc. etc. Out of the "big 3s" mentioned, you usually know you're getting something consistent night in and night out from those guys. You never really could count on consistent stuff from night to night, thus they counted on their depth so they could find the right spark.

2011 was the perfect storm. You had the auxiliary pieces play arguably the best stretch of basketball of their respective careers when it was absolutely needed from them. The driving force for them was the fact that Dirk emerged as the best player on the planet over the course of the run. The stuff he did against LA and OKC were downright filthy.