View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #346
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, Tim from Mavs Moneyball here. I have no clue how many of you guys remember me, but as the post count on the left shows, I used to love this place. I visited pretty much every day during the formative days of my fandom in 2008-10.

I didn't read the entire thread, but if the site is shutting down at the end of the year with no hope of keeping it alive, I do want to offer my help setting up people at MMB if there's any interest. There may not be, and I understand -- we have a small core of users anyway, and it's a different medium than a message board. But while I'm clearly biased, I do think you could use the fanposts section similar to how this board runs. We have game day threads and recaps that post almost instantly for post-game discussion, and again, my bias might be showing, but I really do think the comment section is one of the smartest ones out there. If you've ever seen Lone Star Ball, you'll see that SB Nation sites definitely can sustain communities. I'd be interested in setting up some of the current mods here as mods at my site, too. We don't have any full-time mods but I've "known" a few of you guys since 2008 and certainly wouldn't have any qualms about doing that.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this, feel free to reach out -- timrcato at gmail dot com is the best place to holler at me. My DMs are also open on Twitter, @tim_cato, so please don't hesitate to say hi or whatever. I loved this board and would have to see it go, but perhaps this is a feasible solution. Or maybe it's too big of a change to consider, I don't know. Either way, no hard feelings. This really was the best place to talk Mavericks for a long time and I'd be honored to see any of you guys over posting at Moneyball. Hope to hear from some of you!
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote