View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #2226
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I went to Half-Price Books today and looked through their LP collection. I found two LPs of a group called the Chad Mitchell Trio, which was active during the 60s and has had several reunions since. Never thought I'd see a Chad Mitchell Trio record in Texas.

Interestingly (at least to me), the Chad Mitchell Trio was the first group to record Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind." For this 1962 album (Peter, Paul, and Mary didn't release it until June of 1963), originally called The Chad Mitchell Trio in Action, they wanted to release it as a single. Mercury Records said no, apparently, because no song had ever been a hit with the word "death" in it ("How many deaths will it take 'til he knows that too many people have died?"). So they passed, PP&M picked it up, recorded it, and that was it. The Chad Mitchell Trio never hit it really big time, although they did perform on Ed Sullivan several times.