View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #24
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

The foundational question that the MBT must accurately answer is "Can the team (roster + coaches) compete for a Championship?". Unfortunately, I am not sure that they see the answer as "no". In fact, most of what we see is "we like our team". It could be they are just putting on a happy face for the public, but it is essential that they (i.e. MBT) do not see the Mavs team as only needing a few tweaks to be a contender. Until they face that fact, nothing else really matters as it is not likely the offseason changes will be adequate to turn it around. I believe that Luka knows this and if they want to keep him long-term, then something more radical has to happen. Radical means trading coach favorites like Powell, Maxi, and Brunson (KP of course is also in this group), letting THJ walk, and looking to move JRich if at all possible. If an overhaul of the roster doesn't make a difference, then you look at the coaches. But first acknowledge (behind close doors if that feeds your ego) this team is not good enough (the Mavs Moneyball article is spot on) to compete for a championship.