View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #109
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Thank you, Ninko. I have since pretty much insisted that I'm not playing unless I get Alexander in the deal.

As for your team, I can't speak too well about eight-team leagues, not having any experience there. I'm jealous you have McNabb, as I think he is going to be a stud. I worry about your third RB and fourth WR, given that it's an eight-team league. What position did you draft, how many bench players are you keeping, and who is on your bench?
everyone has a very deep bench in this league,
I have:
Pennington,
Betts,
Travis Henry
Nate Burleson *
Wilford *
Marion Barber
Vernon Davis
kevin curtis *

the *s mean i'm looking for someone to replace these guys as the weeks go along, unless they pick it up.

also there are 4 defensive player positions, but they arent terribly important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Update:

Now it's me giving:

Dunn for Alexander
Vick for Palmer
Boldin for Reggie Brown
Gonzalez for Ben Watson

and Chester Taylor for my pick of Droughns, Foster, or DeAngelo Williams

This leaves me with Alexander and Gore and not much else--saving Maroney and the RB I get in the trade.
the trade looks pretty even, depending on how Alexander does this year. Dunn is a great back but I dont know how many touchdowns he'll score.. he'll get plenty of yards. if you can get him to replace reggie brown with D. Jackson and then take Droughns as a backup that might be the best deal you can get. The thing I dont like about foster and williams is that they split carries. as far as I know, Reuben doesnt split carries with anyone so he'd be a better bet for TDs. it all depends on the browns offense and defense.

on a side note, Alexander didnt start doing great last year until week 3 or 4, so if he's going for cheap now it might not be a good idea to pass on him.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 09-19-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote