View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #71
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriD
"For these three years they killed almost everything in me," Milicic said, referring to the Pistons. "I never got a chance to play. I'd work every morning knowing that I wouldn't get a chance to play at night. That was a killer."

While time away from Detroit has done little to heal Milicic's damaged psyche, playing time in Orlando has seemed to help him immensely. He has blossomed into a steady contributor in Orlando, so much so that the Magic are clearly counting on him to start next season alongside Dwight Howard.

Despite playing backup minutes (21.3) to incumbent Tony Battie, Milicic already has more points (210 to 152), rebounds (129 to 114), assists (37 to 23) and blocked shots (66 to 47) in 22 games with the Magic than he did in three seasons in Detroit. He's scored in double figures 10 times and blocked at least two shots 15 times.
That pretty much confirms it. I knew I was right when I blamed Darko's wasted two and a half years ENTIRELY on the Detroit Pistons. I kept hearing from people on this board and everywhere else that he couldn't "beat anyone out." Bullshit. He leaves Detroit and what happens? He starts looking like a 20 year old 2nd overall pick. And you're telling me he couldn't beat out Amir Johnson or Jason Maxiel? Yeah right...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote