View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #1966
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yes, he goes to the gym and worships the Basketball Gods daily.
This!

Honestly though, I don't think so. Most Europeans aren't very religious - if anything maybe spiritual. I haven't ever heard Dirk reference a higher power in relation to basketball (before, after games, conferences) - like let's say Jason Terry. Then again he's a very private person, so we might never know. Just some food for thought:

From wiki:
"Religion
Main article: Religion in Germany
The Cologne Cathedral at the Rhine river is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Christianity is the largest religion in Germany, with around 49.4 million adherents (62.8 percent) in 2008[117] of which 24.5 million are Protestants (29.9 percent) belonging to the Evangelical Church in Germany (EKD) and 24.9 million are Catholics (30.0 percent) in 2008; the remainder belong to small denominations (each less than 0.5 percent of the German population).[118] Protestantism is concentrated in the north and east and Roman Catholicism is concentrated in the south and west. 1.6 percent of the country's overall population declare themselves Orthodox Christians.[117]

The second largest religion is Islam with an estimated 3.8 to 4.3 million adherents (4.6 to 5.2 percent)[119] followed by Buddhism and Judaism, both with around 200,000 adherents (0.3 percent). Hinduism has some 90,000 adherents (0.1 percent) and Sikhism 75,000 (0.1 percent). All other religious communities in Germany have fewer than 50,000 adherents. Of the roughly 4 million Muslims, most are Sunnis and Alevites from Turkey, but there are a small number of Shi'ites and other denominations.[119] Germany has Europe's third largest Jewish population (after France and the United Kingdom).[120] Around 250,000 active Buddhists live in Germany; 50 percent of them are Asian immigrants.[121] Non-religious people make up between 34 and 55 percent, especially in the former East Germany and major metropolitan areas.[122] A poll by Der Spiegel found that 45 percent of Germans believe in a God.[123][not in citation given]
"

I'm from Russia and I'm atheist. My parents and grandparents are more agnostic.