View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #49
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Actually you know who usually runs the PnR with Dirk?

JET.

And JET was out there the entire time, and they didn't even try to run that two man game.

Maybe Rick didn't want them to.

If the issue was really that Roddy was somehow too incompetent to get the ball to Dirk, Rick would have called for JET to do it.

He didn't. So I don't think that was the problem.
Good point on the JET PnR in the sense that they do run that alot and have been very successful, but are u sure they didnt run any of those this game? I would have to rewatch the game to answer that myself. Even if that is the case, u implying that Rick told them not to run a PnR? That sounds unreasonable given how successful it is.

Yes, Roddy was too incompetent to get the ball to Dirk on several occasions whether it was a PnR or a high post. It is something that Roddy needs to learn and adjust to and I like Roddy so I am looking forward to his adjiustments to improve that part of his game.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote