View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #59
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I guess I don't understand what you expect from him when Blair is basically fouling Dirk before the pass every time. I don't know how anyone, even Kidd in his prime, could have gotten Dirk the ball... and again if it was all Roddy's fault then why didn't Rick have Terry do it (since Terry does it most of the time anyway). Terry never attempted it, not even once.

Once Blair was out of the picture and Splitter was on Dirk, they got Dirk the ball. Dirk then missed most of his shots, but they did get him the ball and usually in a pretty good spot.
Like I said before, I will have to take your word on no Jet Dirk PnR. My point is that Roddy had problems getting it to Dirk either on a high post feed or PnR even after Dirk worked his ass off thru the uncalled fouls. I know of one play for sure that VC had to feed Dirk the ball in high post out of a TO, so yes there was at least one adjustment to use another player to get him the ball. As for Kidd, he is adept at feeding Dirk the ball at the right time just as he is establishing position after sealing his man. Dirk had that position several times this game with Roddy and he didnt even ATTEMPT to get him the ball and looked indecisive until he just gave up completely and tried to move the ball in the other direction. This can and probably will improve once they have more game time together and I expect most of the adjustments to come from Roddy because it was mostly his fault.

I hope your not trying to say that just because Roddy couldnt get him the ball once Dirk has sealed his man off in the high post or anywhere else on the floor that Kidd couldnt either?
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

Last edited by roadrunner; 01-29-2012 at 11:46 PM.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote