View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #90
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
That is a strange quirk. But my question pertains to the bottom line: Does this format actually increase your overall chance to win the series? Perhaps the likelihood of a 3-2 edge is slightly boosted. But it's also a 3-2 edge of the worst kind, since the final two games are both scheduled on the road.
I think it absolutely does. It depends on what you think about the psychological impact of being one game from elimination when the other team isn't, but I think it's just huge--considerably more important than where the games are played. I'll take up 3-2 with two road games over down 2-3 with two home games, and I'll take it 100% of the time. Sometimes you'll lose both, but I think it's just a much better position to be in.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-21-2011 at 11:08 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote