View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #101
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
That is not my entire stance. My entire stance involves weighing all possible benefits and risks associated having the middle three games at home and the last two on the road. Most people tend to obsess over one scenario and pretend it somehow dominates all others.

A pitiful misunderstanding of formulating and testing hypotheses.
Ugh... Answer this question... ANSWER IT WITHOUT PRANCING AROUND IT WITH STATS AND HYPERBOLE! JUST PICK ONE.

IF a team is up 3-1, would you rather play the 5th game at home where, if you lose, you have to play 2 games on the road; however, have a much higher chance to win that 5th game and the series

OR

...would you rather play the 5th game on the road where, if you lose, you still have a game to play at home; however, have a much higher chance of finding yourself only up 3 games to 2 instead of finishing out the series in 5 (and potentially allowing momentum from your opponent to be built)

Which?

I get that I am bypassing the chance of losing one of the first two games at home ouf of the 3, which would mean the lead is 2-2 going into game 5, but before going any further, I need to determine if you are an idiot or a complete moron. We can go from there...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-22-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote