View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
As for the diet component of what I am doing... I don't really like sweets, so sugar and chocolate consumption aren't difficult for me to moderate, but I am a big guy who likes big portions of hearty food
I'd say this is my biggest problem. I'm not a huge sweets guy, either, but i like a good sized meal. But we've been moving to leaner meats as well.

Another problem with me is that I travel quite a bit. it's very hard to eat healthy on the road, but i'm dedicated to making it work. it's also hard to find gym time, but i gotta do that as well.

as for working out, i've gotten back to the gym for weight training and cardio. For cardio, i do a lot on the elliptical machine (about an hour each time) - running kills my joints. I also do a kickboxing class - and no, i'm not the only guy in there - i'm like 1 of 4. but hey, where else can you get a really good workout, punch something to let out agression, and look at hot chicks in tight pants? I highly recommend it.

And then there's basketball. I'm not playing as much pickup as I'd like, and i think that's one major contributor to weight gain (as well as the holidays and my ankle). I used to play about 3-4 times per week, and that was my sole source of cardio. so having cut back on that, i was losing my cardio. Of course, in college, i was practicing every day, so that was my cardio back then.

the winter months are indeed tough to get motivated for. I always also lose weight in the summer. But i'm trying to get a head start on it.

glad to hear everyone else's comments, and for those that are in this with me, keep with it and stay motivated!