Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #381
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Is Bamba a star or just a solid starter?

His defense is solid and he can be a strong rebounder. I just worry that this may be our last lottery pick for a while and if we end up in the top 4-5, Bamba may just be a solid starter and not the kind of star that can really change the direction of the franchise.
His last two games were certainly of star-caliber at 25/15/4, 24/21/3, but it's always tough to judge with college competition. The fact that he can shoot fts and hit three is a big, big plus. I try to look for intangibles as best as possible, and he seems to have them. His rawness is slowly becoming goodness.

Edit: The discussion of what is a star becomes more and more grey season by season. There really are only 4-5 or so Uber stars in the league, and the rest is up for debate IMO. There is a big gap between being a star and being elite. So yes, I definitely think Bamba has star potential.

I just want a highly active and impactful player that will help win close games. That kid is very impactful and energetic and looks to have a nice little fire in his belly.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-31-2018 at 03:11 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote