Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 PM   #400
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Have you seen Bamba shoot a basketball?

His form needs a lot of work. He's 6-9 or 7-0 (depending on who you believe), and yet his release point is lower than guys who are 6-6. He shoots lasers at the rim, not high-arcing rainbows, like all good shooters shoot. Granted he does seem to have some touch, and maybe even feel for his jumper, so I'm encouraged. But to say he has a good jump shot or even shoot decently is misleading, imo. The only reason he gets away with such a low release point and shooting line drives at the basket, is because he primarily faces players who are several inches shorter than he is. When he gets to the league that's going to be a problem for him.
Bamba is definitely a true 7-footer, you can tell just by looking at him next to other guys... And thank for that, because like you said, it's the only way he can get buckets with such a flat shot. But I also agree that despite the lack of arc, he does seem to have a soft touch.... And from what I've heard he's very coachable, so his shot could probably be fixed over time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote