View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #255
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Don't underestimate the effect of Tony Fiametta. Felix's best game (14 carries, 115 yards against) came in, i believe, the only one he played with a true fullback.

Brian Broadus brought up a really good point about Fiametta a few weeks back and since then I've been paying closer attention and have noticed it myself. Because he's not a big hulking fullback he's able to adjust really well on the fly. There was a play in Sunday's game where he was leading Murray on a sweep when a linebacker shot through the gap and threatened to blow up the play in the backfield. Fiametta had the awareness to double back and picked the linebacker, allowing Murray to turn the corner. I think he'll help Felix too.
His game log shows he played in the SF game up through the Buffalo game. Regardless, I guess we will see. I don't doubt that Fiammetta helps, but let's give some credit to the way Murray runs. He looked up to Barry Sanders as a kid and, while I'm not trying to get crazy with comparisons, it shows.

Star in the making.