View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I'm of the opinion that the teams biggest problem against good teams is defense, but still, that makes me a little excited to read that.
I agree on that, but if our offense can be more creative and diverse it can help in efficiency and help our defense.

endrity - I think Kidd is fine, but I stick with the point that we put too much on his plate...mainly the defense. He is a savvy defender and a good off the ball defender, but to give him the control on offense and on top of that make him guard the toughest wing player on defense is too much. Who else is really going to guard them? I would do what they did with Wade: send out Wright, then George, maybe sprinkling in some Kidd or go with Josh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Stop the Avery bashing! Like I said, Carlisle is no different than Avery, except RC has a shorter rope around him since he has not proven to do anything with the Mavs. Avery got away with stuff because of his success in the past with the Mavs. I dont call it a willing to adjust, I call it being smart and seeing that he is doing nothing for the Mavs, and that Kidd is a better option.
What?

Under Avery this year would this stuff happen?

-Would Green and/or Singleton have gotten the minutes they've gotten so far?

-Would Stack be playing in more games than he has now?

-Would George be playing/starting the games Wright has started?

-Would he say "I'm giving the play-calling control to _____."

Carlisle does have some Avery tendencies, but he is much more creative on offense and more open-minded to what his players suggest.