Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #403
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

The root of that point that I've stated twice and you can't seem to understand is that the job of law enforcement (from police officers earlier since this particular case is a border patrol agent) is extremely dangerous and they can be killed at any time. Knowing that they could be killed, apparently even while shopping for groceries and still in uniform, do you at least give them more leeway to defend themselves? This was not even a case of a "work situation" where the guy may have been better prepared.

And honestly, going back to your previous statement of having Trump tell cops to stop killing black people is much more in line with your reasoning regarding Rice and Nowitzki. Instead of making blanket statements like this, try being specific and part of the solution rather than generalize and part of the problem. If police officers A, B, and C were involved in a shooting, then it should be investigated. If the investigation shows evidence that supports they were right, then agree with it. If it shows they were wrong, send them to jail. If they get convicted of murder, the we live in the state of Texas with capital punishment. But if the evidence shows that person D who was killed was actually going for the officer's gun or had a knife to the officers throat, then you can feel awful for D and his family but D is still in the wrong.

If you have a family member on drugs (which I do), I feel awful for the person but it's still their choice and a damned hard one. If they go to jail (which they have) and then continue to hang out with the same people and make the same decisions, I feel bad for them but it's still their fault.