Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #427
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Russion - I can't comment as I have not followed this at all. I will say that the talk radio I listen to continuously reports that is still a false narrative being crammed down our throats.
There's a very real non-partisan investigation being headed by the DOJ under Robert Mueller, who served as the FBI Director under both Bush and Obama... There's a lot to digest -- Russian election interference, links between Trump associates and Russian officials, collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian agents, obstruction of justice, financial investigations, etc.... I recommend that you start with the Wiki page to get a general idea of what's being covered, then research individual topics from other sources for yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_S..._investigation

Quote:
North Korea - Use twitter for international communication is absurd. Calling the guy Rocket Man is pretty funny but again, stupid. Getting tough with a country that could potentially send a nuclear weapon at us? That is where Obama was too soft and maybe we need someone willing to stand up.
You don't "get tough" with the lunatic on the subway who's ranting and raving at everyone -- you steer clear... Especially since he has nothing to lose and you have everything to lose. Acting fake-tough on Twitter isn't going to do anything to help relieve tensions with North Korea, and one well-placed nuke in the center of Tokyo would crumble the entire planet's economy.... We could nuke every square inch of North Korea and we'd still lose more than them.

Quote:
Healthcare - If you like your plan, you can keep it! Not! Obama has screwed our health care system not that it was great to begin with. But now get ready. You need to see a doctor? Make an appointment in six months if you're lucky. You really want government running healthcare? Like the VA does such a great job and has stellar reviews. Regardless, we are stuck with it now. Repealing is next to impossible so now we are stuck in health care mire and will continue to sink.
I 100% agree that Obamacare is garbage -- you either go all-in on universal healthcare or you leave it completely free market... I do think there needed to be some minimal regulation, but other than covering preexisting conditions, I don't think there was a single good thing to come out of Obamacare... FORCING people to pay a private corporation for healthcare that they don't want or can't afford to use, then instituting a financial penalty that gets tacked to their yearly taxes if they don't opt-in (which if not paid can equal jail time) is fascist as fuck... For as much as conservatives like to call Obama a "commie," that rule would have made Mussolini blush.

Quote:
Taxes - again, i have not followed at all.
Here's an article from Forbes that breaks down the numbers: https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony.../#6e53b9f85465

Quote:
Natural disasters - I just read that the "White House" in one article and then the "Trump administration" in another is pushing congress for an additional $29 billion in relief. Followed with an article that says the "Trump Inaugural committee donated $3 million. Here is an NBC News article showing Trump throwing the paper towels from a different angle. You see the outstretched arms and hands? Reminds me of when I go to a Mavs game and the dancers throw out shirts. I stand with my hands up asking for one. Could that actually be what happened? Might it be that Trump was trying to lighten the mood and throw some help to the people in back? Nah, lets just criticize him for everything he does.
Trump was in the richest part of Puerto Rico that was affected the least, and yeah, those people were basically grabbing for t-shirts... The people who really need help require food, water, medicine, and electricity -- I don't see how the paper towel stunt helps anything, especially since Trump took 9 days to send basic aid to the island because he was too busy whining about the NFL.

To make matters even more shady, FEMA just buried any statistics on their website having to do with the damage in Puerto Rico: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d03b908214ea

Quote:
Nazis - again, idiotic comment, but you know what, I'm sorry to inform you that they actually do have the right to spew their vitriol. What makes for bad situations is when people go down and pick fights and give them the publicity that they want. I actually saw a KKK rally one time if that's what you want to call it. I call it about 20 white morons on a speaker phone with everyone ignoring them or giving them the finger as they walked by. That driver should get the death penalty btw just to be complete here.
Just because their bigotry is constitutionally protected doesn't mean it's above scrutiny... Trump was well within his rights to call out Nazism and he refused to do so. I guess you don't bite the hand that feeds? https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephberns...RGq#.kwGDqvVJz

Quote:
Ban a religion - Interesting that other muslim nations banned the same countries.
Isn't America supposed to be better than those other countries? You seem to be quite content to let some backwards-ass bedouin nation set the bar for you... Sorry, but here in America our freedom of religion is constitutionally protected from government interference. That's why Trump's bullshit bans keep getting shot down by the courts.

Quote:
Build a wall - Don't know if it would actually work, but at the least, it would put a lot of americans to work and possibly slow down drugs from entering the US and illegal, yes illegal, not undocumented, people.
I could debate the likelihood of a wall keeping illegals or drugs out of this country (spoiler alert: drugs will never go away as long as Americans crave them), but it doesn't even matter because there's absolutely no money to pay for the wall... Not after the hurricanes (another is on the way), a $700 billion increase in military spending, and the huge tax cut for the richest people in this country that I mentioned above... And that's not even including all the privately owned land, Native Reservations, wildlife preserves, and rugged terrain along the border that would basically make building a wall impossible even if we had the money -- it's not like it's all a bunch of flat, government-owned land.

It's a figment of the imagination, it will never happen.

Quote:
Divisive Language - yes he is definitely driving us down that deplorable road. Again, put down the twitter crackpipe, Mr. President. Stick to script.

Media's fault for showing it - for showing it? No. For spinning it with half-truths to flat out lies in order to further their own political agenda, yes that is wrong.
The media doesn't have to spin a damn thing when everyone can look at Trump's Twitter account and see all of his thoughts and beliefs on display, unfiltered... If you can't see the deep-seated problems with the shit he spews, then maybe you're the one who's getting swayed by media bias?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-06-2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typos