View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 01:37 AM   #62
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
A lot of my responses aren't directed at you, just in general.

I just feel like Giannis staying is the last of the la la land big fish FA straws. I hope the FO feels the same way. Not that you give up trying for good but hopefully plan power is finished.
I generally agree. No more hoarding cap space for any specific player or free agent class.

The flipside to that coin though is that I think sometimes it is better to stand pat when there isn't anyone available worth paying big, long term money to. Not that you're holding out for anyone in particular, but you don't want to give out bad contracts just for the sake of getting someone.

Also, as I said earlier, I'm not particularly optimistic about getting someone who really moves the needle any time soon. We still don't have a lot of trade assets. Several things have to happen for us to get another impact player- A: someone has to get disgruntled with their current team, and B: has to prefer the Mavs to other places, and C: the guys we drafted need to show some promise and become valuable prospects. That's a lot of variables.

As great as Donnie is at trades, Dirk still never had an all-nba teammate after 2003. I really, really hope Porzingis can be a realiable 2nd best player on a title contender, but I'm not counting on him staying healthy long enough for it to happen.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote