View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Landrieu's excuses reminds me of Mavdog

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
This Nation needs to start healing.
This is true U2 without a doubt. However I doubt the ability of some segments in our society to heal unless they 1st accept personal accountability for their that healing. As long as we blame all our failures on others and depend on them or other individuals in redressing these wrongs before we can move on, then it is almost impossible for us to get past them. I know from personal experience, that blaming your situation on someone else is only an obstacle that hinders you from bettering yourself if you make that person or persons accountable for your situation and for bettering it.

I know I personally have weaknesses in resorting to a tit for tat response which has nothing to do with healing. But it would be best for all if more energy and focus was placed on recovery and healing than on political oneupmanship. Unfortunately I have zero hope for that among most if not all of the nations leaders. But that does nothing to invalidate your point.