Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #285
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I get the feeling that the people who make these mocks tend to pick the best players for the teams they like most, then try to have all the other teams "talk themselves into" the players left over... If we somehow picked at #8, I'd rather see us draft one of the Bridges, then try to trade our way to around pick #20 and get either Mitchell Robinson or Brandon McCoy (if we just have to come out of this draft with a center). Wendell Carter is someone I'd take closer to #10.

Although I don't see us drafting outside the top-5 unless the lottery balls conspire against us... And even then, it probably won't be worse than #6.
You're more optimistic than I. We're barely 4th and terrible at tanking with the easiest upcoming schedule of any lottery-bound team.

Difficulty of remaining schedule:

Kings - 5th hardest
Suns - 6th hardest
Nets - 12th hardest
Hawks - 14th hardest
Grizz - 24th hardest
Magic - 25th hardest
Mavs - 27th hardest

Everyone is all bunched up within a game or two and the Mavs have the single easiest schedule of all of those lottery contenders while being terrible at actually pulling off the tank. Remember last year when we won game 82, missed our chance at #8 and almost got ourselves #10 (which would have cost us Smith)?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-25-2018 at 10:33 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote