Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #302
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
I would love to get another 1st round pick this year. Wouldn't mind another 2nd round pick either.

Hasn't been much discussion of the guys in the mid to late 1st round because we know the Mavs will pick before that, but who are some of the players who peek your interest?

I'm intrigued by UNLV's Freshman Center Brandon McCoy. He did a respectable job defending DeAndre Ayton when they met earlier this year, and he's been projected in the 20s in most mocks I've seen.

A lot of people are starting to fall in love with Oregon's Freshman Wing Troy Brown. I think he's a strong candidate to move up into the back end of the lottery, but if the Mavs produced a mid 1st round pick somehow & he were still sitting there, I'd be very interested.
Yeah, I mentioned it somewhere in one of these threads, but if we don't land a center with our first pick, I'd love to somehow trade players/picks for something around pick #20 and grab Brandon McCoy or Mitch Robinson, maybe Daniel Gafford if he doesn't keep climbing. Hell, there's a chance Robert Williams is still there, which is closer to where I'd prefer to get him.

I also dig Troy Brown, but agree that he's likely to keep climbing -- same with Miami's Lonnie Walker and Bruce Brown... A couple other guys I have my eye on are Keita Bates-Diop and Shake Milton... I also wonder where Justin Jackson or Anfernee Simmons end up getting drafted. Some of these guys may be gettable with our second rounder.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-25-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote