View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #204
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You're a better person than I. Inspiring, though. You're the first person I know who has actually made it through. I should try to do the same, if I could get off my lazy ass. Not sure there's enough payoff, though.
Honestly, I don't think there is much payoff. Much of the work is a nod and wink to students of all things esoteric. I enjoyed his hints at post-Enlightenment Egyptianism, but I would rather go right to the source for that kind of thing. It was a royal kick in the nuts to slog through it at times. There are several reader's companions out there. The one I followed has been used by grad students, but I suppose the subject matter is a passion for them. For me, it was frustrating because the entire time I was reading it and checking literally hundreds of references, I didn't really enjoy myself at all. It became a bit ascetic at a point, so I just willed myself through it.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote