View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
this was the furthest thing from my mind....I was saying nothing more than exactly what I said -- often a politician's primary motivation is in preserving his or her power.

beyond that, you basically lost me when you started giving me a rundown on the various colors of your family.

cheers
sorry for my quick assumption. Machiavelli supported both theories:
1)politicians do what keeps them in power
2)politicians do what needs to be done to meet the goals of government which are security, economics, and stability

Machiavelli taught that politicians should lie, manipulate, assasinate, etc. in order to meet their goals and that such an approach was the best thing for a nation...

Not a nice fellow.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote