View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

v
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You can say that about basically any big budget movie these days. And if you mention the Marvel movies, then you've lost me as those are now the most rehashed seen it over and over over stuff again and again. I'd rather see star wars stuff over marvel stuff. None of it is original. Like do you honestly think there will be anything original in Captain America Civil War? Wow, they even have spider man show up at the end! Never seen him before! Wish he'd get his own movie though since we haven't had any of those lately...
If you want to take the word "unoriginal" to such an extreme that there's no such thing as an original thought, then I guess I can't argue with you... But I'm talking about this kind of uninspired laziness:

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the Sith

Rogue One

A New Hope

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens

I get it, the Death Star was awesome in A New Hope, but does it really need 3 movies of backstory before it inevitably gets blown up? Is there anything else awesome going on in this universe, or is that it? Because sphere-shaped superweapons are kinda played-out.

It's like they're admitting that they can't come up with anything better than A New Hope, so they keep orbiting that time period when Star Wars was fresh and new, rather than just making Star Wars fresh and new again (hence the Han Solo, Boba Fett and Obi Wan Kenobi spinoffs)... It's the laziest way to make a buck, but everyone seems to be comfortable that their standards are in the shitter (as you've basically admitted), so I guess Disney doesn't really have to try that hard to get your money.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-07-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: images keep disappearing
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote