View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that there's a lot of Star Wars nostalgia..but 4, 5, and 6 are definitely not the best trilogy of all time... LOTR is definitely better. Episode VI was a pretty decent misstep. It was still a quality movie, but it definitely drags it down below LOTR.

As for TFA, it was enjoyable regardless whether or not it borrowed liberally from its predecessors. But, I can see how that would definitely bother some quite a bit. It was a pretty good movie. I was let down..I expected better. I'm not a huge Star Wars guy, but the hype was so insane that I expected a really good movie. Instead, it was a pretty good movie..enjoyable. There's nothing wrong with that. I accept it for what it is. Fortunately for TFA, the previous three movies set the bar incredibly low. A pretty good movie was obviously going to be received as greatness because the episodes 1, 2, and 3 were so mediocre on the whole.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote